Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Delirium by Lauren Oliver



Waiting on Wednesday is hosted at Breaking the Spine.
Here's my pick for this week:

Title: Delirium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Release Date: Feb 1 2011

Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that one love -the deliria- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the governments demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love.



Oh my gosh. I have nothing to say. So excited for this book! I absolutely loved Before I Fall (see my review here) which is also by Lauren Oliver. I cannot wait to read this one! It's set in a dystopian world, and I love books like that. The summary sounds amazing and it's going to be so awesome! And...it's a trilogy. I love when amazing books have two more amazing books to follow them up with! I can't wait for this whole series.

P.S. Get the widget for Delirium here at Lauren Oliver's blog: http://laurenoliverbooks.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. This book sounds awesome! I love dystopian books, so it makes me very happy that more and more are coming out...especially because it's still an original idea.

    Great blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about this book as well! I can't wait for it to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exciting! I like the sound of this one and have heard great thing about Before I fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great book! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one's on my wishlist as well! Both it and Matched (similar sort of premise) sound like fabulous additions to the dystopian YA genre!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for this book to release either! Happy wednesday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I read every single one and try to reply, either on your blog or another comment! They make my day!

As of 1/17/11, Book Infinity is an awards-free blog. My schedule is busy as could be, and I don't have time to follow all the rules to pass them on. But I really do appreciate the thought, thanks so much for thinking about me!