Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Waiting On Wednesday: The Dark and Hollow Places

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. My pick for this week is:





The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan

Release date: March 22 2011

Synopsis:

Annah knows she has a twin sister, but she forgot her long ago. Back when they went to play in the Forest of Hands and Teeth, she and Elias lost her, and after that there was no going back to the village.
Life's been hard, but Elias has taken care of her, and living in the Dark City can help one to forget the horror of the Unconsecrated—if you try hard enough.
But when Elias disappears, Annah's world crumbles. To her, life isn't worth much more than the walking dead who roam the wasted world she lives in. It's not until she meets Catcher that she cares to start living again.
Yet Catcher has secrets. Dark, terrifying secrets that link him to a past she's longed to forget and to a future too deadly to consider.
Annah must decide: Can she continue to live a world covered in the blood of the living?
Or is death the answer to all her problems?

I recently finished both the first two books in this series, and I can't wait to get my hands on the third one! I saw the cover yesterday, and I actually had a dream about this book last night. (I entered a contest and won it!) That's how excited I am for this book! I know the release date isn't for another 8 months...sigh. But it sounds like a great read and I'm excited to read it.

2 comments:

  1. I have both Forest of Hands and Teeth and Dead-Tossed Waves waiting for me on my shelf but I have yet to read either. Great WoW pick, I didn't know the next one in the series is coming out soon. Now I really need to read the first two book!

    If you have time, check out my pick.

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this series. I was so excited to hear about this book. I wasn't sure if there would be another book after The Dead Tossed Waves of not, but boy am I glad that there will be! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I read every single one and try to reply, either on your blog or another comment! They make my day!

As of 1/17/11, Book Infinity is an awards-free blog. My schedule is busy as could be, and I don't have time to follow all the rules to pass them on. But I really do appreciate the thought, thanks so much for thinking about me!