1. Choose a book that DOES NOT have a sequel. It can be a sequel itself, or even the last book in the series. There needs to be no plans for a sequel out yet, or if there a sequel in the works (not released yet) and very limited amount of information on it, you can use that book too as long as you ignore the sequel that is in the works when creating your challenge idea. For more information on what books might work, see below.
2. Take this book and write a short description of your own idea of what the sequel should be. By short, I mean mimimum of a few sentences and maximum of a few paragraphs. It has to be completely from your own imagination- no influence from a real sequel that is being made.
3. Fill out the form below to submit your idea!
Some things to keep in mind:
- Examples: You could write a sequel to Lauren Oliver's Before I Fall, a book that does not have a sequel, and create your own idea of what would happen next. You could also write a sequel for a book such as City of Glass, which, though there is a sequel in the works, there is a very limited amount of information released about it, so your idea would have to be completely original with an original title. You could also write a sequel to a book such as Breaking Dawn, which, though it is a sequel itself, there are no plans for a follow up novel.
- You have to name your book idea! There is a required spot on the form.
- The sequel can be more of a companion-novel. It doesn't have to feature the same narrator or main characters, just some of the same characters.
- Don't think too hard about it- it doesn't have to be the perfect idea, it's just for fun.
- After submitting your idea, feel free to post it on your own blog if you have one! (But you do not need a blog to participate.)
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me in the comments section.
This is entirely just for fun and intended to work your creativity skills! I am absolutely in no way intending to make the authors' own work seem unimportant or invalid. Please give all credit deserved for the ideas/characters in the books to the fabulous authors who wrote them!
What You Can Win:
Your choice of a book listed below from The Book Depository
Important Giveaway Info:
- Open internationally (where ever The Book Depository ships)
- All winners will be chosen randomly!
- You must have a legitimate original sequel idea (see my rules above)- if not you will be disqualified from winning the giveaway.
- If you win, you get only 1 book- either the first book in a series or it's sequel, your choice.
- All Sumbissions Must Be In By January 5th
Books or Their Sequels to Choose From If You Win (These are some of my personal favorites/books I'm dying to read):
Pick only one book, either the first one or it's sequel.
- Fallen or Torment by Lauren Kate
- Shiver or Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
- Gone, Hunger, or Lies by Michael Grant
- Any book from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- The Iron King or The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa
- The Luxe, or any book by Anna Godbersen
- Any book from the Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray
- Any book from the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld
- Life As We Knew It or The Dead And The Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer
- Any book from the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr
- Prophecy of the Sisters or Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink
- City of Bones, City of Ashes, or City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
- Rampant or Ascendant by Diana Peterfreund
- Hush, Hush or Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
- Any book from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
- The Maze Runner or The Scorch Trials by James Dashner
- Perfect Chemistry or Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
- Beautiful Creatures or Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- Any book from the House of Night series by P.C. and Kristin Cast
- Wondrous Strange or Darklight by Lesley Livingston
I hope that gives you enough books to choose from! I know it is a very long list. :)
Winners will be chosen randomly, but I can't wait to read what people come up with! And remember, this is purely for fun. (I might possibly post some of the best ideas, though). All credit for the characters and worlds go to the authors!