Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Halo by Alexandra Adornetto


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm excited for Halo by Alexandra Adornetto.

Nothing much happens in the sleepy town of Venus Cove. But everything changes when three angels are sent from heaven to protect the town against the gathering forces of darkness: Gabriel, the warrior; Ivy, the healer; and Bethany, a teenage girl who is the least experienced of the trio. They work hard to conceal their true identity and, most of all, their wings. But the mission is threatened when the youngest angel, Bethany, is sent to high school and falls in love with the handsome school captain, Xavier Woods. Will she defy the laws of Heaven by loving him? Things come to a head when the angels realize they are not the only supernatural power in Venus Cove. There′s a new kid in town and he′s charming, seductive and deadly. Worst of all, he′s after Beth.

Isn't that cover stunning? I love it! And from the summary, it looks intriging. Angels are getting pretty popular in YA books, but I'm excited to read this one!

What's your pick this week?

7 comments:

  1. I've been wanting this book for forever! Hopefully it will surprisingly show up on my doorstep. :) I hope you get it soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about this one---it's on my wishlist too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have this pre-ordered and would buy it for the cover alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to read this one as well.

    Our pick is at BookSake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm waiting for this one too! So many good books coming out in August, we're all going to be busy:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a review that this book wasn't what it lived up to be--but I still really, really want to read it. :) I absolutely love the cover as well. And Jenny is so right! So many books coming out this month! ^_^

    -Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments, again! I'm glad to see we're all excited for this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I read every single one and try to reply, either on your blog or another comment! They make my day!

As of 1/17/11, Book Infinity is an awards-free blog. My schedule is busy as could be, and I don't have time to follow all the rules to pass them on. But I really do appreciate the thought, thanks so much for thinking about me!