Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Torment by Lauren Kate


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The purpose is to spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick for this week is Torment by Lauren Kate. The release date is September 28 2010 (soon!).



How many lives do you need to live before you find someone worth dying for? In the aftermath of what happened at Sword & Cross, Luce has been hidden away by her cursed angelic boyfriend, Daniel, in a new school filled with Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans. Daniel promises she will be safe here, protected from those who would kill her. At the school Luce discovers what the Shadows that have followed her all her life mean - and how to manipulate them to see into her other lives. Yet the more Luce learns about herself, the more she realizes that the past is her only key to unlocking her future...and that Daniel hasn't told her everything. What if his version of the past isn't actually the way things happened...what if Luce was really meant to be with someone else?


Okay, I'm being honest here. The reason I even am interested in this series is because of the amazing covers. Seriously, that's just gorgeous. Fallen had a wicked awesome cover too. Even though that book was just so-so for me, I'm still looking forward to Torment to see where this series goes next. (I promise I will have the review of Fallen up tomorrow! I've just been procrastinating it!)
What is your Waiting on Wednesday pick?

6 comments:

  1. I totally understand. I ADORE the covers but the books are meh. (Well, "Fallen" was. I can't wait to find out what happens in "Torment" though.)

    Great pick! :) I can't wait for your review of Fallen!

    -Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny. I had mixed feelings about Fallen but here I am waiting to read Torment. I'm interested to see what happens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Torment! Fallen was a bit slow for me but I still liked it overall.

    And I totally agree... the covers are so gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mind reading this book myself. I hope that you get your book soon and that it is everything you hope it to be. Here is what I am Waiting on Wednesday for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, Daniel hasn't told her everything? NO WAY. Sorry lol I am really cyncial when it comes to Fallen. I don't think I will read Torment unless someone convinces me it is way better than the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Danielle, I totally understand your point of view about Fallen... it can be really ridiculous.
    And yeah, I think the rest of us all felt similar about Fallen but for some reason still want to read the sequel? Haha.
    Thanks for the comments. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I read every single one and try to reply, either on your blog or another comment! They make my day!

As of 1/17/11, Book Infinity is an awards-free blog. My schedule is busy as could be, and I don't have time to follow all the rules to pass them on. But I really do appreciate the thought, thanks so much for thinking about me!