Sunday, October 24, 2010

In My Mailbox (10)

Welcome to In My Mailbox! IMM is a meme hosted at The Story Siren with some inspiration from Alea of Pop Culture Junkie.

The idea behind IMM was not only to put new books on your radar but to also encourage blogger interaction. IMM explores the weekly contents of my mailbox & books bought. And sometimes other fun goodies.

Anyone can participate in IMM and you are not limited to only sharing books that arrive via your mailbox. You can also share books that you've bought or books that you've gotten at the library.

Video this week! Yay!



Won:
  • Indigo Blues by Danielle Joseph

Thanks Princess Bookie! (And her awesome Contest Craze)

From the Library:

  • Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter
  • Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover by Ally Carter
  • Graceling by Kristin Cashore
  • The Ivy by Lauren Kunze (Not mentioned on the video! Got this one after I made it :D)

Week In Review

Reviews I Posted:

Currently Reading:

  • Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

Reviews Coming Soon:

  • Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink

Other Points of Interest:

Also, I have two contests going on right now! You can see them listed above. The first is a giveaway actually hosted at Elena's Book Cafe, but we're working together on it, so there will also be two winners! Go check it out!

The other giveaway is a copy of Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel! Go enter that one too! These are BOTH international, so good luck!

16 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of "Indigo Blues" before, but from your quick synopsis, it reminded me of "Audrey, Wait!" where the main character breaks up with her musician boyfriend and he writes an angry diatribe song about her that ends up being his big break. Nice video! It is less daunting to start with shorter books. Lately I've noticed myself reading multiple books at the same time (not *literally,* but switching back and forth between them). I don't really like doing that, though, because it breaks up the stories too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I love your IMM. You do video, I could never do that.

    I have to ask where you are from though, I'm sorry for being nosey but your books go the opposite way to mine. Its kind of cool.

    Thanks for following me, I'm going to follow you to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some great books! Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week I got The Time of my Life by Patrick Swayze and Lisa Nieme (This really isn't the type of book I read but it was a bargain book and its PATRICK SWAYZE so I couldn't resist. I also got Bliss by Lauren Myracle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bea: Indigo Blues does sound a lot like that other book, I think it's the same premise. I switch back and forth books a lot too, not intentionally, but sometimes I forget I didn't finish one so I start another!

    Nicky: I think the books going the opposite way is just because it's mirrored on my webcam, if that's what you mean. I'm from the US. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read The Ivy! Hope you enjoy all your books!

    Cute blog! I'll be following!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard good things about Ally Carter and Kristin Cashore! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great vlog! I loved Graceling, and the Ally Carter books are great. I'm also reading Halo right now! I've only just started. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hehe that sounds like a good explination. I was just wondering why do they look backwards, its been a long day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Get post, I havent heard of some of those which means my TBR list is about to get longer LOL. Mine is here: http://nikkibrandyberry.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the alley Carter books sound interesting..there goes my list...The graceling also sounds cool and so does indigo blue..

    (i'm gonna have to try a video one sometime they seem more fun to do and more personal)

    I also try and read the smaller books first it never works out for me though.

    have fun reading...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have the same reading tactic as you-- read the smaller books first. I think you will love Graceling-- it's one of my all-time favorites. Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant mailbox this week! I love your vlogs...I hope one day mine get better haha I blame it on being the first one ;)

    I'm really interested to read your review of Graceling!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, I've had my eye on The Ivy! Thanks for sharing, my mailbox is here: http://darcyreview.blogspot.com/2010/10/in-my-mailbox-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey :)
    I just wanted to let you know that you've won an award over at my blog, Burning.x.Impossibly.x.Bright. Congrats!! :D

    ♪♫ Ambur

    ReplyDelete
  16. Graceling looks really interesting! Fantastic books - hope you enjoy them all. Thanks for visting and following my blog too. I'm a follower for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I read every single one and try to reply, either on your blog or another comment! They make my day!

As of 1/17/11, Book Infinity is an awards-free blog. My schedule is busy as could be, and I don't have time to follow all the rules to pass them on. But I really do appreciate the thought, thanks so much for thinking about me!