Saturday, October 9, 2010

NaNoWriMo (or i must be crazy...)

Yes, for the first time ever, I signed up for National Novel Writing Month- or NaNoWriMo. If you haven't heard of it, it's that during the month of November, you write a 50,000 word novel (which is actually quite short). I heard of this last year, but I finally decided to make myself do it this year!

I'm not sure why, because my life is seriously busy enough as it is. Seriously. But I'm super excited for the chance to hopefully finish my first novel! It's always been a goal of mine to be a writer, and I've started a few novels but always gave up on them quickly. I have a great new idea I've been thinking about for a while and I'm very excited to get started on it!

Is anyone else doing this with me? I'd love some support. The website for NaNoWriMo is found here.

I'll be sure to keep you-my followers- updated during the month of November on how it's going for me, but don't be surprised if I don't around to reading as much then either.

It starts in a little over 3 weeks- November 1st, which is also my birthday, and the day after the 10 Day of Halloween are over. I am going to be pretty busy!
I hope to keep you updated on how it goes, and thanks for following! :D

8 comments:

  1. Yay! This is my first year too! :) (my username is savvythewritergirl if you want to add me as a writing buddy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm helping to plan and prepare for NaNoWriMo events at my library. We have several patrons signed up, and we're offering motivational talks from local authors and "write-in" in which they can use our laptops or bring their own and write at certain times during the month. A few of my coworkers are definitely going to write a novel, but I'm scared I won't have time due to full-time grad school on top of work. Maybe I'll change my mind and make an attempt, though...

    Good luck on your NaNo endeavors, and I look forward to hearing how it goes for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savannah: Leave the link to your profile page and I'll add you (I don't know how to find it based on your username). Glad you're excited!

    Super: I should check out and see if my library is doing anything! Thanks for the suggestion, and good luck if you decide to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing Nano as well! (But it will be my 2nd year). The Nano website isn't loading for me, but I'll leave another post with a link to my profile later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, again! Thought I'd leave the link to my nano profile because I don't know anyone who's doing it IRL. I'm excited for November! http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/504691

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm signed up. Should be interesting because I am crazy busy all the time, but hey why not try! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I signed up this year, for the first time too! I think I'm nuts, a little. I have three little kids, but I really, really needed something to kick myself in the pants and just get started. good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't think I'll ever be a writer but wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I read every single one and try to reply, either on your blog or another comment! They make my day!

As of 1/17/11, Book Infinity is an awards-free blog. My schedule is busy as could be, and I don't have time to follow all the rules to pass them on. But I really do appreciate the thought, thanks so much for thinking about me!