Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Favorite Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week the topic is:
TOP TEN FAVORITE AUTHORS
(in no paticular order)
This is a mix of contemporary, classic, and anyone else I enjoy reading! It is pretty diverse.



1. Suzanne Collins
I love The Hunger Games (who doesn't?!), and she's an incredible writer. I also loved her Gregor the Overlander series when I read it when I was in middle school.
2. Libba Bray
A Great and Terrible Beauty is one of my all time favorite series, her writing is incredible. I really want to read more books by her, I know she has another one out.
3. Lauren Oliver
I've only read her debut Before I Fall, but I loved it and cannot wait to see what else she's going to write.
4. J.K. Rowling
Seriously, you can't read Harry Potter and not realize what an amazing writer she is.
5. Jane Austen
Where would the world be without Jane Austen? I've read Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensiblity, and seen the movie for Emma, and they're just some of the best romance stories ever.
6. Cassandra Clare
The Mortal Instruments series and Clockwork Angel? Heck yes.
7. J.R.R. Tolkien
I've only read half of the LOTR series, but I freakin love the movies...so yeah :).
8. Lisa Klein
She wrote one of my all-time favorite books ever, Ophelia, and if you haven't read it, you seriously should. I haven't read anything else by her yet, though I am definitely going to!
9. C.S. Lewis
I loved The Chronicles of Narnia growing up and I've heard a lot of good things about his other works and I'm hoping to check them out soon.
10. Rick Riordan
I really did enjoy the Percy Jackson series, and I'm looking forward to reading his other Camp Half-Blood series that comes out soon!

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of Lisa Klein. I'll have to look her up. Also agree with Lauren Oliver for being a fabulous new author.
    Alison Can Read

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked Klein's Ophelia too! Great to have a version with Horatio getting a bit more of the spotlight :) Jane Austen, J.K. Rowling and Suzanne Collins all made it onto my list as well! Love the version of Emma with Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeremy Northam...he makes the ultimate Knightley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alison: You should totally check out Lisa Klein! She's a great author.

    Danya: I'm glad you liked Ophelia too! I loved the twist on Hamlet. I actually haven't see that version of Emma, but I've been wanting to (maybe after I read the book!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your list:
    1. Suzanne Collins
    I should have put her on my list, too. I am very jazzed about her Hunger Games series.
    2. Libba Bray
    Have you read Going Bovine? I adore this author. She is on my list, too.
    3. Lauren Oliver
    I had the book all summer and didn't read it. Shame on me.
    4. J.K. Rowling
    So obvious, I overlooked her. Poo.
    5. Jane Austen
    The best!
    6. Cassandra Clare
    Did her writing improve after City of Bones? I liked the storyline but the write not so much. yes.
    7. J.R.R. Tolkien
    I'm surprised he wasn't on more peoples lists.
    8. Lisa Klein
    I just looked at this book today. Good huh?
    9. C.S. Lewis
    I loved The Chronicles of Narnia too. I reread the series quite often.
    10. Rick Riordan
    Kids, especially boys go nuts for this guy but I guess I'm too old.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the comments! I read every single one and try to reply, either on your blog or another comment! They make my day!

As of 1/17/11, Book Infinity is an awards-free blog. My schedule is busy as could be, and I don't have time to follow all the rules to pass them on. But I really do appreciate the thought, thanks so much for thinking about me!